Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 2013.0327.02
Object Name File, Document
Scope & Content Research file compiled by Major John Merritt, Southern Historical Center Director, on Atlanta Theological Seminary which preceded and built the campus that now houses The Salvation Army Evangeline Booth College, Southern Territory training college. Atlanta Theological Seminary merged with Vanderbilt University Divinity School in Nashville, Tennessee in 1929. Eventually they sold the property in 1937. The materials are photocopies: a narrative history of the seminary, selections from published sources, and minutes of the board. Most were obtained from the Vanderbilt University Special Collections department in 1995.
Catalog type Archive
Dates of Creation 1929-1937
Dates of Accumulation 1995
Creator Merritt, John G.
Other Creators Atlanta Theological Seminary
Vanderbilt University Divinity School
Title Research file on Atlanta Theological Seminary
Language of Material English
Search Terms Evangeline Booth College
Subjects History
Seminaries, Theological
Level of description Folder
Year Range from 1929
Year Range to 1995